In this Sunday's sermon, we discussed masculinity and it's particular applications to our every day lives in how we are and relate to men.
Below are some questions to aid you and your LifeGroup in your application of the sermon.
- What is your dad like?
- What is your relationship like with your dad?
- Is Father’s Day hard for you for any reason? If so, why?
- What has helped you with your specific journey in understanding what a Godly father looks like? Put this in your context. If you are a dad, if you have a husband who is a dad, in terms of your own dad?
- Read 1 Corinthians 16:13-14. Paul commands men to be watchful, rooted in the gospel, courageous, to be strong and to do everything out of love.
- Which of those stand out to you and why?
- Read Hebrews 12:9-10. How does God’s nature as a father help us to forgive our dads in their failures and weaknesses? How does it encourage you as a dad or help you encourage dads you know?
- Read Psalm 127:1-5. What changes if we realize the goal for our kids is to become arrows let loose for God’s kingdom and purposes in the world?