Giving something means taking what is yours and giving it to others, free of charge. Christmas is the celebration of how God gave his one and only son so that we could be forgiven, free of charge. So each year for Christmas, we rally together to respond to what God has given us:
- by |giv|ing shoes to people without them
- by |giv|ing money to church planters in India
- by |giv|ing hoodies to people in the cold in Columbia
- by |giv|ing Christmas presents to kids in the Yucatan peninsula
- by |giv|ing safe houses to children rescued out of sex slavery
- much, much more.
Because He gave, we |giv|. It’s that simple.